My family and I decided I should run for the School Board because we strongly believe in teaching our children to fight for the changes that are needed and protecting the rights of those around them. At this polarizing time in our District and Country I needed STAND UP to be that change as well. I am asking you, my fellow neighbors, community members, and parents, to allow me to continue to advocate not just for my children, or the children on the committees I volunteer for, but FOR ALL OUR CHILDREN BY VOTING FOR ME this November the 8th for the Area C – Poway Unified School Board of Education Trustee Seat.
PRIORITIES NOW & FUTURE
- Finding a way for PUSD to overcome the current hiring staff crisis without outsourcing temporary positions
- Making sure that mental health professionals hired in with covid funding and being maintaining through the covid grants and the one-time California budget package, are continually funded for years to come for both mainstream and special education students at every grade level.
- Let teachers teach, and getting all staff, classified and certified alike, the training they request and need, to ensure the future success of Inclusive Practices.
- Safety on our campuses for students and staff from both physical and mental harm.
- Partnering with all stakeholders for input on major policies, including processing and implementing received feedback as a team instead of the top-tier down system we currently have in place.
- Better public explanations of policy changes in real-time, and publicly following up on polarizing topics and questions, would help cause less turmoil and save countless amounts of anxiety and wasted funding due to lack of information or misunderstandings.
- San Diego Democratic Education Alliance
- PQ Democratic Club
- Poway Democratic Club
- Rancho Bernardo Democratic Club
- San Diego County Democratic North Inland Area Caucus
- San Diego County Democratic Party
- San Diego Democrats for Equality
- San Diego Democratic Central Committee
Poway USD’s 1st ever inclusion Summit! This was for all Teachers, General and Special Education, along with Admin from the school sites. I am so grateful to have been invited as the Chair of the Community Advisory Committee. I got to Fan-Girl over seeing LIVE all the way from CANADA, Shelley Moore! She’s amazing!!! If you want the slide-deck from any of the three presentations she gave yesterday (Elementary, Middle, and High School) they are posted on her Blog under 09/19/2022’s date documents. I was also thrilled to be able to spend time with the 1,500+ teachers on hand today, and I did my best to circulate and be a good listener when it came to what is working and what is not for Co-teaching and Inclusive practices at their sites. A lot of the teachers had great ideas that could be improved on making the experience better for the students and so life-changing for the teachers! I cannot wait to take back and share the stories and process the feedback I heard!
Poway USD CAC had an amazing turn out at this year’s “Back to School Meet and Greet”! We had a HUGE turn out of families this year and I am so proud to be a part of this community. I know we helped get a lot of Special Education families information to make the start of the school year successful! Thanks to all the school staff, teachers, and District staff that either stopped by to visit or volunteered. As well as our amazing entertainment and vendors. So proud to be a part of TEAMPUSD! Ever wondered why someone works in Special Education, or why “that Parent” who looks extra frazzled most days, but then you see them crying for no reason at the simplest thing…maybe this video will help you understand. These moments don’t come often
Officially announcing that I am running for candidate as of today for Area C BOE seat! No backing out now I’ve started making calling and posting on social media. So as I told my 16 year-old as she left for her first behind the wheel driver’s ed training, “take a deep breathe and remember you are amazing, you’ll do great!” I want to do GREAT things for you, so I’m taking a deep breathe, and I’m ready!